Kanab Utah

Kanab Utah
Our Beloved Town

Where Are They Now?

Take some time to share with us what you've been up to for the past 20 years. Yes it really has been that long. Be sure to share a fun memory or two as well.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wow! 20 Years? -- Irene Winsor Hunt

I can hardly believe it's been 20 years. It's hard to wrap your brain around. Let's see . . . in the last 20 years I've lived in SLC and graduated from LDS Business College. Married my High School Sweetheart, Alan Hunt. Lived in Midvale, UT -- Mesa, AZ -- Queen Creek, AZ -- Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ and currently live in Snowflake, AZ. I move too much, but those of you who drove Millie and me home from school know that. (7 times while in Kanab!) I'm with McKay on the whole medication thing -- I need a dang organizer to help me keep them straight. I dream of being able to do the splits again, but sometimes tieing my own shoes has me grabbing for the ibuprofen.
We have 5 children ages 15 to 5. Marissa, Garret, Ashlyn, Allie and Logan (The picture is a couple years old) They're all really involved in music which I think is GREAT! I still play the cello and hope to play with the White Mountain Symphony next fall. We have a few businesses that I help take care of. My husband has a trim and door company called "Your Door Dr". We also have 2 rental homes here in Snowflake and we use our cabin in Pinetop-Lakeside as a Vacation Rental (if you're in the valley and would like to escape the heat, let me know). All that keeps me hoppin'. I'm currently without a church calling -- just released from YW Pres and then Assistant Camp Director. I think they're giving me time off to recuperate. It's great to be at an age when you can start buying some of the toys you sold so you could start a family -- we have a jeep again and I'm lovin' it!

Some of my best memories of life at KHS are the teachers. Drake writing notes to excuse you for goofing off -- Karen Kelly telling you to "breathe through your nose" -- giving Mr. Judd a tough time cause he couldn't pronounce "alluminium" -- candid camera with Walker -- the list goes on and on. What fun memories! It sure would be nice to take a trip back to those care-free days. I look forward to our reunion and being able to sit and visit with all of you -- and remember some of those fun times. Can't wait to see you all!

9 comments:

McKay said...

So great to see you and your family. What a happy looking bunch! Funny that you would mention Drake writing notes for you so you could go mess around. The only memory I have associated with Drake is him coming to haul us back to school when we were messing around!

Trips to Lake Powell were always fun too. So much to do and so little time. What great days.

Sounds like you've been busy. That's great! I hope to see you at the reunion.

IreneHunt said...

One of my friends here in Snowflake is Brindie Peterson -- not sure what her maiden name is, but when she found out I was from Kanab she told me about coming up and hanging out with Nolan and you -- what a great time she had. Small world.

I didn't mess around too often and Drake's notes were too hilarious "Please excuse Irene for being tardy. She was having BBQ." Remember when you and Nicole went and sang to Alan to invite him to a dance?

We're coming up early in the week so we can take the kids to Powell. And also to Zion. Lots of fun memories. See you soon!

McKay said...

If I'm not mistaken Brindie is one of Nolan's cousins. I have to admit I had a bit of a crush on her. Such a small world!

Nicole said...

Irene - you look JUST like you did in high school, darn you! :o)

Good to see your cute family and to hear that you are doing well. See you next month!

azworkinwifenmom said...

I'll have to come see you in Snowflake sometime. I heard it's much cooler up there in the summer than it is down here!! :)

IreneHunt said...

Our highs this week have been around 90. Pretty warm still, but we can drive without using hotpad holders :o) Come visit anytime.

shaun said...

Irene it is so good to know that you are have a great time in life I hope that we can catch up on things miss you shaun

Anonymous said...

I must agree with Nicole - you look the same as 20 years ago! You go girl! I'm glad things are going so well for you and your family! I will miss seeing you!\
Val

Kerrie said...

let me tell ya chickens are quite an interesting bird. feed em too much scratch and they get lazy and wont lay eggs. they got out last summer and boo boo (sydney) went to put them back well one of the roosters didn't like that so much and chased her clear down to the back end of the pasture she ran so fast she ran out of hers shoes. he held "captive" in the corner for a minute or two before heading back to the roost. i'll have to tell ya the whole story. you look fantastic can't wait to see ya