Kanab Utah

Kanab Utah
Our Beloved Town

Where Are They Now?

Take some time to share with us what you've been up to for the past 20 years. Yes it really has been that long. Be sure to share a fun memory or two as well.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Still Kickin': Nicole Cooper Madsen

Hey all! I am glad McKay put this blog up so we can check out what's going on with everyone in the good old Class of 88. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again in July. Has it truly been 20 years? Ahh, time flies.

I have been here and there and everywhere the last 20 years since high school graduation - lived in North Carolina for many years (married, divorced), and back and forth from California to Utah once or twice(married, divorced), now settled with my fabulous husband Matt and boys Zack (10) and Dylan (6) in Clovis, CA (married - planning on staying that way). I've been a brunette, a blonde and a redhead. How's that for adventurous? Life is pretty good.


I'm currently teaching voice lessons to many students and working part time at Fresno State in their Summer Arts program. I love being part of anything to do with music and theatre, so I feel very blessed to be able to do this on a daily basis. Life stays pretty busy - I am also the Primary Prez at church, so I don't have too much "down" time, but that's ok! Matt teaches high school Spanish, and Zack and Dylan are busy being video gaming, soccer playing, jumping, kicking and running little boys. Bliss.

I have a little family blog - check it out of you'd like! CLICK HERE and be sure to leave a comment to say hello!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

11 comments:

McKay said...

It's great to see your family and read your blog. Sounds like you are busy as always Nicole.

The arts program is right up your alley and voice lessons are probably perfect for you as well. Perhaps you should have given those of us in Once Upon a Mattress with you some voice lessons. I have a video tape or two from those days of "acting" and wow, some of us (namely me) could have used some voice coaching! It was a ton of fun though.

Nicole said...

McKay! You have a video tape of that?? I would LOVE to see it - how funny!

IreneHunt said...

I'm glad I get to hear from you every so often. I'm even more glad that your boys and you are happy.

Can't wait to hug your neck.

azworkinwifenmom said...

Looks like you're doing great, Nicole! Thank you so much for staying in touch through the years. I love your Christmas cards! :)

Kerrie said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well and what beautiful boys you have.. Can't wait to see you got a question though is Matt from Utah? I have family with the last name of Madsen

Nicole said...

Hey Kerrie! Matt's from goold old Clovis, CA, but we met at Dixie about 100 years ago in college...

He does have Madsen relatives in Northern Utah though...who knows?

Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm very sad I won't get to see you!!!! How long will you be in Kanab? Will you take another trip to Kanab later this summer? :( At least I have your blog to read! :)
Val

Kerrie said...

My dad's mother was a Madsen from Mt. Pleasant area. Some of those realatives are characters i remember alot stories my dad use to tell me about them

shaun said...

hey nicole when will you and the family be here Mary and I would like to sit down and talk for awhile, need to catch up and the kid would love to play with yours, let me know
shaun

Nicole said...

Hey Shaun - we'll be there from the 3rd until the 6th. Let's definitely get everyone together! Can't wait to see you all!

Crissy Judd said...

Hey Nicole,
You look great and so happy! For some reason, I can't figure out how to post a blog on here, only comment. So a little help would be greatly appreciated! Anyway, just wanted to comment on your blog page, it's so cute. Miss you guys a lot, hope I can come and see some of you, might be in Moab, I got invited to that reunion. I guess I just count Moab, Kanab and Fredonia as my "home town". Anyway, I have a blog page also it's kimandcrissyjudd.blogspot.com, so come visit me!
Hope to see you soon!
Crissy Rogers-Judd