Kanab Utah

Kanab Utah
Our Beloved Town

Where Are They Now?

Take some time to share with us what you've been up to for the past 20 years. Yes it really has been that long. Be sure to share a fun memory or two as well.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up? Valerie

How many times were we asked this? From the time we could first write our names all the way through college! Now that it’s been 20 years since we graduated high school, I have to ask myself, “Am I what I wanted to be when I grew up?” Sometimes I wonder if I am grown up. In a lot of ways I will say yes, but I still have much to do and accomplish in my life and if we don’t act like a kid sometimes, what fun is life? So am I now where I thought I would be 20 years ago? Pretty much!

College? Check. Ok so I only went for one year and learned more about life than political science and that’s ok.

Cosmetology School? Check. Glad I have the talent; don’t really care to do it.

Married? Check!! To a very loving and supporting man who I am blessed to have in my life, Damon!

6 Children? Check!! Yes, we got all six that we wanted! It’s a crazy busy life, but satisfying. I wouldn’t send any of them back! {Joe - 17, Jessica - 15, Danny - 11, Felicia - 10, Rachel - 5, Jacob - 4}

Stay at home mom with the six children? Check!!! Thanks to Damon!

Happy? Check!!! This is the key to being successful in everything!

Although there are many more things on my checklist, these are the significant ones. I feel VERY blessed to be doing exactly what I wanted to do now that I'm grown up!


Good ole stand by Christmas picture - taken by mwah - aren't I amazing?!


During the past 20 years I’ve lived in Cedar City; Mountain View, CA; and have been living in Sandy, UT for the past 13 years. And now it’s time for another move. We are in the process of moving to Saratoga Springs, UT. I never saw myself moving from where we are at now (who moved my cheese?), but things happen in life and I just go with the flow and I’m looking forward to our new adventure!

My favorite pastimes besides taking care of my family? Blogging and because of blogging I like taking lots of pictures! I also love taking care of my flower garden – I LOVE flowers! I began this love affair only 3 years ago so it’s like Christmas every spring and summer for me! I learn a lot from my flowers (no I’m not mental – this helps keep me sane!) I also put a lot into whatever calling I have at church. The busiest one I've decided? Cub Scouts - I love that program and the boys. However, I will be released from my current calling on Sunday as 2nd counselor in the primary presidency due to our move. Most of the time though I’m running kids everywhere – I’m still waiting for my kids to get me a license plate holder that says “Home Sweet Home”!

Memories of high school? Many! Most of them are great, probably because I don’t think so much of the events, but of the people involved – like...YOU! I am thankful for the bond our class had! I am disappointed I won’t be able to attend the reunion and reminisce and visit with each of you. If ever you are in the Provo/Salt Lake City area, take some time and come visit me! I would LOVE it!

Thanks McKay for starting this blog - it's a GREAT idea! I look forward to reading each of your posts (especially since I can't "catch up" in person!) So quit your lurking and start posting!

Sorry it got kind of long - I don't know how to keep it short!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Love ya, Val! Nice to see you on another page :o)

shaun said...

It is nice to see that your life is going great, you have a wonderful lookin family I can tell you are very proud of them. I will miss seeing you but hopefully we will talk later. Shaun

IreneHunt said...

Your comments were so filled with peace. I love that. Your family is beautiful. We'll miss you at the reunion.

Kerrie said...

what a beautiful family. you're not coming? the wrist is getting better. still a little weak. the good news is now i have a hernia and have to have surgery again sometime in the upcoming weeks. that makes 3 this year. had the baby c-section the girls have been wonderful helper with the baby

Nicole said...

Val, I can't believe you aren't coming. Wahhh! I'll only be in Kanab from the 3rd until the the 6th - quick trip. No plans to return until we all go to Pine Valley for Thanksgiving this year. I need to see you!

Tulsi said...

HI Valerie, I'm not class of '88 but '84. I just happened upon this blog site. You look exactally the same as when I graduated. Cute family.
Tulsi Johns Esplin