Kanab Utah

Kanab Utah
Our Beloved Town

Where Are They Now?

Take some time to share with us what you've been up to for the past 20 years. Yes it really has been that long. Be sure to share a fun memory or two as well.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

20 years later......




Wow! it's hard to believe that 20 years have come and gone in what seems like a blink of an eye. Where do I start? I have been married to Travis for 17 years and we have 4 kids Shelby 14, Sydney 10, Madison 8, and Hunter 4 months. He was my little surprise but the best kind. I think that having a baby at this age I appreciate them being babies a little more than I did when the girls were little. I couldn't wait for them to walk, talk, and get into things. This time around I am just enjoying everyday with him. We moved to Colorado in October 2003. I love living in this area it is absolutely beautiful. I love getting up in the morning and seeing a herd of deer in my pasture. Although, I hate it when the garden is coming in and there they are out eating everything they can you can try to scare em off and they just stand there looking at you. When I was younger I never thought I would live in the country or on a farm. But that is what i'm doing we have 5 acres in Dolores we have horses, cows, turkeys, chickens, and a big garden. On a whim and in need of a job when we moved over here I applied with the Montezuma County Sheriff's Office and was hired to work in Community Corrections I never thought I would last the first year but here I am coming up on 5 years. I am now the Coordinator for the Alternative Sentencing Programs work release, etc. I monitor "clients" on GPS tracking systems I have been tased, pepper sprayed, handcuffed and fought with. But I have to say I love my job. Travis is crrently self employed running a construction company. In my spare time what little I have I love working out 5 days a week, riding horses, fishing, hunting, 4 wheeler riding. We live less than 20 minutes from the mountains and less than 5 from McPhee Reservoir. I think the last 5 years have been my growth time. Alot has happened July 2, 2004 Travis' brother Sean's twin girls were killed in a fire. It broke my heart, but, made me appreciate every day god has given me with my family. My dad passed away in October 2006, my mom is still in Kanab so we get over that way quite often. Then, of course I found out last summer we were having another baby that was shocker. I broke both bones in my right wrist 2 weeks before I had the baby and had to have surgery. I can't wait to see everyone and Thanks McKay this was a wonderful idea

8 comments:

McKay Brown said...

Kerrie,
Reading your post I'm feeling a bit tired. You have been VERY busy! Congratulations on what sounds like a great lifestyle. I'm amazed the deer are so bold as to eat your garden. I would think your dog (surely you have a dog living in the wilds like you do) doesn't keep them at bay.

Congratulations on a beautiful family! I really liked how you said it that you're grateful for every day God has given you. Real gratitude seems to be something so many of us are missing these days. We seem too often to have replaced it with a sense of entitlement.

Thanks for the great post. It's great to see and hear from you.

Kerrie said...

Well Yeah got a couple of dogs and throw some cats into mix too. The dogs have learned you don't bother the deer or the horses they tend kick you in the head. i forgot to add my favorite memory of high school it was practicing with Shaun for the Jr. prom and getting a little ahead of everybody else and yelling "hold"

IreneHunt said...

Thanks for the post, Kerrie. You sound so happy. Country living does that to a person. We're getting all geared up for chickens and a garden (have the dogs and cats). I'll have to email you for some advice. :o) Can't wait to see you!

Nicole said...

WOW Kerri - you are one super-woman! Good for you!! I love Colorado and would move there in a second - it's beautiful!

Your kids are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful!!! I'm so glad you got a "surprise" to enjoy! Is your wrist fully healed? I'm sure that was a challenge with a new baby! I'm sure your girls were great help though! Sorry I won't get to see you at the reunion! Have a safe trip!
Val

Crissy Judd said...

Ok, there is no "post blog" when I get on this page. Am I blocked out? HELP!

Kerrie said...

what's your email i'll forward the invitation to ya and then when you get to the blog page it say new blog

shaun said...

kerrie, I am so glad that you and your family are doing great it is fun to hear about everyone and what they are up to now. Can't wait to see you and the family. Shaun