Kanab Utah

Kanab Utah
Our Beloved Town

Where Are They Now?

Take some time to share with us what you've been up to for the past 20 years. Yes it really has been that long. Be sure to share a fun memory or two as well.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Life is good!


Wow, I too cannot believe that 20 years have passed. I certainly don’t feel this old, although all the grey in my hair is telling me otherwise.
Life since high school- graduated from SUU with a bachelors in Psychology, married Brandon Shepherd , moved to SLC, then back to Cedar and then to Wenatchee Washington were we have been for 8 years now. We love it here, it is a wonderful place to live and to raise kids. The Columbia River runs through the middle of our city so there is always an abundance of water to play in and fun things to do.

Life is good. I work at Washington Elementary school as a para-educator. I work mostly with the kindergarten running reading groups. When I am not working I am serving as the PTA president. It is busy but rewarding, this will be my third year and I love being involved in the decisions that are made for our school. I am also teaching Gospel Doctrine in our ward after 12 years in primary. It is a very scary calling but I am learning so much and really enjoying having to study (no excuses now).

We have 3 kids who keep me running and being a constant taxi. Jordan is almost 15, Brittin is 12 and Tayson is 7. Soccer is the main sport played at our house so on any given day you can find us in the back yard kicking the soccer ball around.
I have a wonderful husband who works very hard and is a great dad. He works as a programmer for the Chelan County Public Utilities Disctict, and is great at what he does.


High school memories,
A few memories that stick out from high school are Deanna and I going to Houston's at the beginning of Spanish class to make Nachos for a fiesta which we seemed to have about once a week. A lot of fiesta’s not much Espanol.

Bus trips were a highlight of my high school years, we had so much fun singing at the tops of our lungs ( I now feel sorry for the bus drivers) and trying to embarrass Karen Kelly as often as we could.

Dragging main, back and forth and back and forth, (don’t we wish gas was still that cheap.)


I am sad that we will be missing the reunion this summer. We will be driving to Rexburg the end of July for EFY and then onto Yellowstone for a week, so one trip is all that time will allow us to make this summer. I hope you all have a wonderful time there, and I hope you will blog often so I can catch up even though it won’t be in person.

You can stay caught up with the us through our blog at www.tammishepherd.com. If you check in be sure to leave a comment and say hi.

Miss you all!

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

Hi Tammi what a beautiful family sorry not to see you in person Washington is beautiful. Have you been to Yellowstone before? We went last year it was gorgeous. if I could do that trip over again i would spend a couple extra days can't see everything in just 3. the highlight was a grizzly cub on the side of the road

shaun said...

Tammi just want to say it has been awhile, have a great vacation with the family talk later. shaun

IreneHunt said...

What a great looking family. I would love to visit Washington. Sounds like you're busy and happy. Wish I could see you -- You look fabulous!

Nicole said...

Booo - I am going to miss you at the reunion this time!

LOVE keeping up with you through blogging. Love you, Tammi!

McKay said...

So great to see you and hear how your family is doing. Sounds like you are very busy. Somehow that doesn't surprise me. As we often wrote in yearbooks, have a great summer and stay cool! :)